Lilly has arthritis with a significant disability in the back, shoulders, hips and knees. Lilly is also a short woman (142 cm in height), which makes it difficult for her to achieve a good sitting position at the same time as having a safe work posture.
Her arthritis means that she finds it difficult to manage daily tasks independently. She spends a lot of time in the kitchen, where she also has her dining table. To get around the house, Lilly uses a walking frame for support.
Lilly cannot operate an ordinary chair with gas because of her arthritis. Therefore, she has been given a chair that can be height-adjusted using electric controls, the Vela Tango Electric (El).
Despite the fact that daily life is extremely difficult for Lilly, she had not imagined it possible to find a chair that would relieve her difficulties and make her more self-reliant again. Like many others, she was loath to ask for help or be a nuisance. It was her children who took the initiative and pushed for it, which she is very glad about. Lilly therefore wants to encourage others in similar situations to ask for help.
”It means a lot to me to be able to carry out the daily tasks that I’ve always done my whole life. Now I can happily prepare food for several days and it makes a world of difference that I can peel the potatoes myself. Good food means a lot for living well with arthritis – and it boosts my desire to do other things.”
Lilly has become much more mobile thanks to VELA Tango El, and she has regained her independence. It is important to Lilly not to be dependent on help from others.
- The chair is always in the kitchen where I use it for kitchen work and as a dining chair, and when sitting at the dining table to do something with my hands, e.g. crocheting.
- I find the chair really useful, especially in the kitchen, although there isn’t much space.
- Now it’s possible to set the chair at a height where I can make food, wash up and put things in the cupboards. It’s now even nicer to be able to do things myself, and the chair relieves a lot of pressure, so I don’t get as tired as before.
- The chair is easy to adjust in height, so I don’t have to bend down to the base units either.
- The armrests are nice to rest your arms on, and I also use them for support when I get up and sit down in the chair.