Claus uses the Vela Tango chair for support with his activities in the kitchen so that he can manage them independently.
Claus has lived with cerebral palsy all his life. The paralysis is mainly evident on the left side of his body. A few years ago, Claus suffered a fracture in the lumbar area when he had a fall. This meant that Claus required a new adjusted kitchen and supportive aids to allow him to manage his kitchen activities independently. There is space for his legs under the cooker that can be adjusted in height for a seated person.
Making daily life easier
To keep active after his fall, Claus has been given a VELA Tango Electric (El) Sit-stand Chair with a shallow seat and electric adjustment of the sitting height. The electric adjustment of the sitting height is essential for Claus, e.g. when he has to stand, since he has stiff hips.
Claus on the VELA Tango El sit-stand chair
- I use the chair for kitchen work, food preparation and eating. In the kitchen, I set the seat high so I can stand at the kitchen table and work and use the oven easily.
- I always put the brake on! I’ve fallen off a chair because I forgot to put the brake on, so now I’ve learned my lesson.
- The seat is really good, especially when I stand up. The shallow seat also means that I don’t pinch the backs of my thighs, and it provides good support when I stand. The seat is also good for sitting on when I use the chair at the dining table.
- It is easy to adjust the seat height electrically, and when I set the chair high, I almost stand up. This is essential for me because I can’t bend my hips much.
- It’s easy to move around the kitchen in the chair because of the large wheels, which roll smoothly across the floor.